Sunday, October 26, 2008

Still Point work day

I want to thank those who came up and helped us over the weekend. We had a great time at Still Point, the new home of our summer programs as well as other survival based workshops. We were there for a work weekend and several volunteers showed up to help with trail maintenance and splitting wood for the winter. I think it was almost 4 cords. Two of our volunteers braved the storm and the mountain roads to help out. On Sunday I even had the chance to cut my leg with the chainsaw. Now thats living dangerously. Thankfully it wasn't serious. I also had the opportunity to go on an incredible sunrise walk where I ran into several deer. Stalking on the wet forest floor weaving through the paw paw saplings feeling everything wake up around me and start there day. It was refreshing to say the least. When i got back to the cabin I sat and looking at the fog that sat in the Shenandoah Valley due. It made me feel like I was above the clouds on the tallest mountains in the world. This place is magical.
To say the least, we are very excited to purchase this property and start sharing it with everyone.

No comments: